type='text/javascript'/>

Friday, April 22, 2011

Okara-sweet bread spread with vanilla, nuts and honey

From my homemade soy milk and tofu, I had a lot of okara (the leftover soybean Mus) left. But what to do with it? I decided to process the Okara to a sweet bread. For this I had to cook but the Okara down, because it was still raw. Then were added ground hazelnuts and almonds, vanilla pods and honey to sweeten.

To make spreadable everything I have soaked cashews mashed to a paste and mixed. Super Yummy! The rest I freeze in portions, so I can always smear some of it thawed onto rolls. So I have prepared it: The Okara fill in a large pot. Now stir in not quite the same amount of water, vanilla slice, Mark scrape out and add the peppers.


Bring to a boil. Then let cook on medium heat about 30 minutes, until the mixture is smooth. Stir in walnuts and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Stir in honey. Stir cashews in the blender to a fine paste, stir. Remove vanilla beans and puree everything with a hand blender so that it is as fine as possible.

It tastes very delicious pastries to all kinds, for example, to Spelt whole grain bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment