type='text/javascript'/>

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Scones with raisins and buttermilk

It was a long time that I wanted to try them, nagged a lot, then that trick is more appropriate for my book Tea Time unless these scones? The scones are typical Scottish sweets for afternoon tea for breakfast and brunch. The British are usually stuffed with butter and jam but if we are perfect with savory fillings, which I obviously could not go on butter and jam, and you know where I got the recipe? From the book 'How to Be a Domestic Goddess' Nigella, Nigella my golden only to look at his fat recipes, it is true, but I love it! She says I am the best scones I've ever eaten "and I think there are wonderful, among other things, with buttermilk, which gives a perfect softness.

I stuffed them with exceptional products for any scones I put a slice of salted butter and a generous spoonful of jam with blackberries, Goduria pure! And the tea? A new mix of delicate and fragrant Twinings of London, "Jasmine green tea" a simple and natural green tea that gives a sense of well being because it is really refreshing.

Today, my Tea Time is definitely very, very British, right ??!!! Scones with raisins and buttermilk 500g flour 1 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons baking soda 4 3 ½ half teaspoons cream of tartar 300ml buttermilk (NatureAir) * 75 g raisins 75 g butter 1 egg Filling 50 g salted butter (Fiandino Farms) 1 jar of blackberry jam to Cascina San Cassiano Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.

Sift dry ingredients together and blend in butter until it becomes like wet sand. Add milk and raisins and mix briefly then tip the dough out onto a floured surface and knead gently until a ball. Reach out to a thickness of 3 mm and a height of 5 cm round cookie gets scones (remix leftovers and create other scones).

Arrange scones on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, brush with beaten egg and bake for 10 minutes until it is puffed and golden. Eat them warm with butter and jam * For those who can not find the buttermilk, and 'sufficient mix of fresh skimmed milk to the yogurt in equal proportions.

The yogurt gives a depth of flavor and acidity, milk contributes to achieving the original semi-liquid consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment