type='text/javascript'/>

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Healthy carrot oatmeal muffins with banana icing

Both the recipe for these muffins and the recipe for the banana glaze is ohsheglows, I simply combined and slightly modified. For example, I used instead of the specified Spelt flour with one half whole wheat flour because I had no Spelt flour at home, and the rest I've replaced with finely chopped oatmeal.

I have also replaced the applesauce with a mashed banana, raisins, dates, and by the cocoa bits of walnuts. In just 25 minutes they were baked, and with little sugar, a little oil and no egg! Cool it, I have given each a big blob on top of the glaze, which consists of mashed banana, peanut butter and powdered sugar is.


Even with a chocolate heart and chopped walnuts sprinkled, ready to serve. I must say: DELICIOUS! The muffins are nice and juicy, nutty and banana flavor, and to the sticky glaze, delicious beyond description! *-* And so I prepared them: For the muffins: For the topping: Preheat oven to 190 degrees.

Stir together all ingredients for the muffins up to and including dates of oatmeal in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine all other ingredients together and mix well ... ... and add to the dry ingredients. Mix everything together well with a spoon until a homogeneous dough. Pour into 6 greased muffin tins and bake for about 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment