type='text/javascript'/>

Friday, March 11, 2011

CREME BRULEE SAFFRON

It 's a cream that can be flavored in many ways. That saffron intrigued me and when I decided to try it I also involved my guests: his taste has surprised everyone, and if you wish to serve a delicate dessert, this is the right one. For 4 ml milk 300 ml crème100 pannazafferano (possibly in stigmas) 3 cups sugar tuorli50 biancozucchero cannaVersate in a pan of milk, cream and saffron, put on the heat and bring slowly to boiling off and let sit for at least 10 minutes.

Meanwhile in a bowl, beat the egg yolks with sugar white when they are well blended add the milk and cream, filtered through a colander, mixing well. Pour into molds and arrange in a baking pan filled with two inches of hot water. Bake in water bath in oven at 170 degrees for 20 minutes: they are ready when the cream is thickened and the surface is golden.

Cool. Just before serving, sprinkle the surface with brown sugar and let caramelize: I have rather given that J I used a special burner, I do not have the salamander, other special tools to candy, but for those who had neither the one nor the 'another, you can burn sugar cocottine passing under the grill for a few minutes in a cold water bath (cold water + ice).

No comments:

Post a Comment